Education and childcare professionals are often required to safely lift and move children of all ages, and people are amongst the most difficult and demanding of all loads. This interactive course shows managers and staff how to avoid injuring themselves and the children, as well as meeting the legal responsibilities demanded of them.
The course chapters are outlined below:
- Injuries Caused from Bad Manual Handling - such as Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs), which account for the greatest number of manual handling injuries in the workplace.
- Manual Handling and the Law - understand your legal responsibilities as an employer or employee. This chapter is based on the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended in 2002).
- Avoiding Manual Handling - know when and where not to move children and find out about alternative solutions.
- Assessing the Risks - Find out what factors should be considered when carrying out a generic risk assessment, as well as individual assessments for those with specific requirements or disabilities.
- Reducing the Risks - here you’ll be learning plenty of practical ways to reduce risks.
- Handling Techniques – this chapter covers planning and preparation, how to avoid injury, how to safely hold and lift babies, toddlers and other children and information on what equipment is available to aid manual handling activities.
- Assessment - with a printable certificate upon completion (85% pass rate).
Covering all necessary procedures and good practice, staff are trained within an hour.
It will take approx. 1 hr. to complete.
You can purchase this product online or you can fill out our order form.
Please Note: All products are digital, once payment has been received you will be sent an email containing a download link.